The D5290S-078 is a relay module suitable for the switching of safety related circuits, up to SIL 3 level according to IEC 61508 for high risk industries. It provides isolation between input channel and output contacts.
Three mutually exclusive (by DIP-Switch programming) monitoring circuits are provided:
1) line input monitoring, to allow DCS/PLC line monitoring function: when enabled, the module permits a wide compatibility towards different DCS/PLC. Driving line pulse testing, executed by DCS/PLC, is permitted by a dedicated internal circuit, to prevent relay and LED flickering.
2) low voltage input monitoring: when enabled, the module reflects a high impedance state to the control unit when the driving voltage is below the specified threshold.
3) short circuit fault detection (only for Functional Safety applications with NE Relay condition): when enabled, it allows DCS/PLC to detect short circuit fault of module.
Mounting on standard DIN-Rail or on customized Termination Boards,in Safe Area / Non Hazardous Location or in Zone 2 / Class I, Division 2 or Class I, Zone 2.
- Systematic capability SIL 3
• Installation in Zone 2 / Division 2.
• 5 A SIL 3 / SIL 2 contacts for NE or ND loads with NE or ND Relay condition.
• Line input monitoring in-field DIP Switch selectable.
• Driving input voltage monitoring.
• Input/Output isolation.
• EMC Compatibility to EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-4, EN61326-1, EN61326-3-1 for safety system.
• ATEX, IECEx, FM, FMC, INMETRO, GOST, TÜV Certifications.
• Type Approval Certificate DNV for marine applications.
• Simplified installation using standard DIN-Rail and plug-in terminal blocks or customized Termination Boards.
24 Vdc nom (21.6 to 27.6 Vdc), reverse polarity protected. Relay coils are
internally protected with suppressor diodes.
Current consumption: 60 mA @ 24 Vdc, typical.
Power dissipation: 1.5 W @ 24 Vdc, typical.
2 voltage free SPDT (= NO contact + parallel of 2 NC contacts) relay
contacts identified with outputs: Out S_1 & Out P_1 and Out S_3 & Out
P_2; 2 voltage free SPST (NO) relay contacts identified with: Out S_2 and
Out S_4. Terminals 13-14 (Out S_1), 15-16 (Out S_2), 21-22 (Out S_4)
and 23-24 (Out S_3) are: open when relay is de-energized, closed in
energized relay condition. Terminals 17-18 (Out P_1) and 19-20 (Out P_2)
are: closed when relay is de-energized, open in energized relay condition.
Contact material: Ag Alloy (Cd free) or AgSnO2.
Contact rating: 5 A 250 Vac 1250 VA, 5 A 250 Vdc 175 W (resistive load).
Contact inrush current: 8 A @ 30 Vdc, 250 Vac.
DC and AC load breaking capacity: refer to Instruction Manual.
Mechanical / electrical life: 10 * 10⁶ / 5 * 10⁴ operation, typical.
Operate / release time: 55 ms / 25 ms, typical.
Input/All Outs 2.5 kV; Out S_1 & Out P_1/Out S_3 & Out P_2, Out S_2,
Out S_4 500 V; Out S_3 & Out P_2/Out S_2, Out S_4 500 V; Out S_2/Out
S_4 500 V.
Operating temperature: temperature limits -40 to +60 °C.
Storage temperature: temperature limits -45 to +80 °C.
DIN-Rail 35 mm, or on custom Term. Board.
Weight: about 145 g.
Connection: by polarized plug-in disconnect screw terminal blocks to
accomodate terminations up to 2.5 mm² (13 AWG).
Dimensions: Width 22.5 mm, Depth 123 mm, Height 120 mm.