The single channel Relay Output, D5090S is a relay module suitable for the switching of safety related circuits, up to SIL 3 level according to IEC 61508:2010 Ed.2 for high risk industries. It provides isolation between input and output contacts.
Three mutually exclusive (by DIP-Switch programming) monitoring circuits are provided:
1) line input monitoring, to allow DCS/PLC line monitoring function: when enabled, the module permits a wide compatibility towards different DCS/PLC. Driving line pulse testing, executed by DCS/PLC, is permitted by a dedicated internal circuit, to prevent relay and LED flickering.
2) low voltage input monitoring: when enabled, the module reflects a high impedance state to the control unit when the driving voltage is below the specified threshold.
3) short circuit fault detection: when enabled, it allows DCS/PLC to detect short circuit fault of module.
D5090S provides two NO contacts for normally energized load and a NC contact for service purpose, in order to switch the NE load on both supply lines.
Mounting on standard DIN-Rail or on customized Termination Boards,in Safe Area / Non Hazardous Location or in Zone 2 / Class I, Division 2 or Class I, Zone 2.
- Systematic capability SIL 3
• Installation in Zone 2 / Division 2.
• SIL 3 contact for NE load and contact for service purpose.
• Line input monitoring in-field DIP Switch selectable.
• Driving input voltage monitoring.
• Input/Output isolation.
• EMC Compatibility to EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-4, EN61326-1, EN61326-3-1 for safety system.
• Simplified installation using standard DIN-Rail and plug-in terminal blocks or customized Termination Boards.
24 Vdc nom (21.6 to 27.6 Vdc)
24 Vdc nom (21.6 to 27.6 Vdc), reverse polarity protected. Relay coils are
internally protected with suppressor diodes.
Current consumption: 45 mA @ 24 Vdc, typical.
Power dissipation: 1.1 W @ 24 Vdc, typical.
1 voltage free SPDT relay contact identified with outputs: Out 1 (NO
contact) terminals 7-11 and Service Load Out (NC contact) terminals 9-10;
1 voltage free SPST relay contact identified with output Out 2 (NO contact)
terminals 8-12. Terminals 7-11 (Out 1) and 8-12 (Out 2) are open when
relay is de-energized, closed in energized relay condition. Service load
output (not SIL) at terminals 9-10 is normally close when relay is deenergized,
open in energized relay condition.
Contact material: Ag Alloy (Cd free), gold plated.
Contact rating: 5 A 250 Vac 1250 VA, 5 A 250 Vdc 140 W (resistive load).
Contact min. switching current: 1 mA.
Contact inrush current: 6 A @ 24 Vdc, 250 Vac.
DC and AC load breaking capacity: refer to Instruction Manual.
Mechanical / electrical life: 5 * 10⁶ / 3 * 10⁴ operation, typical.
Operate / release time: 55 / 30 ms, typical.
Input / All Outs 2.5 kV; Out 1/Out 2 500V.
Operating temperature: temperature limits -40 to +70 °C.
Storage temperature: temperature limits -45 to +80 °C.
DIN-Rail 35 mm, or on custom Term. Board.
Weight: about 125 g.
Connection: by polarized plug-in disconnect screw terminal blocks to
accommodate terminations up to 2.5 mm² (13 AWG).
Dimensions: Width 12.5 mm, Depth 123 mm, Height 120 mm.