The single channel Relay Output, D5291S is a relay module suitable for the switching of safety related circuits, up to SIL 3 level according to IEC 61508:2010 Ed.2 for high risk industries. It provides isolation between input and output contacts.
- Systematic capability SIL 3
• Installation in Zone 2 / Division 2.
• 10 A SPDT contact for 2 different Safety Functions:
1) SIL 3 for ND load (energized in fail safe state) with ND relay condition (energized in fail safe state)
2) SIL 3 for ND load (energized in fail safe state) with NE relay condition (de-energized in fail safe state)
• Line input monitoring in-field DIP Switch selectable.
• Driving input voltage monitoring.
• Input/Output isolation.
• EMC Compatibility to EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-4, EN61326-1, EN61326-3-1 for safety system.
• Simplified installation using standard DIN-Rail and plug-in terminal blocks or customized Termination Boards.
24 Vdc nom (21.6 to 27.6 Vdc)
24 Vdc nom (21.6 to 27.6 Vdc), reverse polarity protected. Relay coils are
internally protected with suppressor diodes.
Current consumption: 60 mA @ 24 Vdc, typical.
Power dissipation: 1.5 W @ 24 Vdc, typical.
Voltage free SPDT relay contact. Terminals 13-14, open when relay deenergized,
close in energized condition. Terminals 13-15, close when relay
de-energized, open in energized condition.
Contact material: Ag Alloy (Cd free) or AgSnO2.
Contact rating: 10 A 250 Vac 2500 VA, 10 A 250 Vdc 300 W (resistive
Contact inrush current: 16 A @ 24 Vdc, 250 Vac.
DC and AC load breaking capacity: refer to Instruction Manual.
Mechanical / electrical life: 10 * 10⁶ / 5 * 10⁴ operation, typical.
Operate / release time: 40 / 25 ms, typical.
In/Out 2.5 kV.
Operating temperature: temperature limits -40 to +60 °C.
Storage temperature: temperature limits -45 to +80 °C.
DIN-Rail 35 mm, or on custom Term. Board.
Weight: about 165 g.
Connection: by polarized plug-in disconnect screw terminal blocks to
accommodate terminations up to 2.5 mm² (13 AWG).
OVERALL DIMENSIONS Dimensions: Width 22.5 mm, Depth 123 mm, Height 120 mm.