The single channel Relay Output, D5091S is a relay module suitable for the switching of safety related circuits, up to SIL 3 level according to IEC 61508:2010 Ed.2 for high risk industries. It provides isolation between input and output contacts.
Two mutually exclusive (by DIP-Switch programming) monitoring circuits are provided:
1) line input monitoring, to allow DCS/PLC line monitoring function: when enabled, the module permits a wide compatibility towards different DCS/PLC. Driving line pulse testing, executed by DCS/PLC, is permitted by a dedicated internal circuit, to prevent relay and LED flickering.
2) low voltage input monitoring: when enabled, the module reflects a high impedance state to the control unit when the driving voltage is below the specified threshold.
D5091S provides 1 SPDT contact for two different safety functions:
1) SIL 3 Safety Function for Normally De-Energized load (energized in fail safe state)is available at Terminal Blocks 7-8. The driving signal is normally low (0 Vdc),the relay is normally de-energized, contact is open and load is de-energized. The safety function is met when the driving signal is high (24 Vdc),the relay is energized, contact is closed and load is energized. At Terminal Blocks 9-10 is also available a service contact (for service load) with opposite (not SIL) function.
2) SIL 3 Safety Function for Normally De-Energized load (energized in fail safe state)is available at Terminal Blocks 9-10. The driving signal is normally high (24 Vdc), the relay is normally energized, contact is open and load is de-energized. The safety function is met when the driving signal is low (0 Vdc), the relay is de-energized, contact is closed and load is energized. At Terminal Blocks 7-8 is also available a service contact (for service load) with opposite (not SIL) function.
Mounting on standard DIN-Rail or on customized Termination Boards, in Safe Area / Non Hazardous Location or in Zone 2 / Class I, Division 2 or Class I, Zone 2.
- Systematic capability SIL 3
• Installation in Zone 2 / Division 2.
• 1 SPDT contact for 2 different Safety Functions:
1) SIL 3 for ND load (energized in fail safe state) with ND relay condition (energized in fail safe state)
2) SIL 3 for ND load (energized in fail safe state) with NE relay condition (de-energized in fail safe state)
• Line input monitoring in-field DIP Switch selectable.
• Driving input voltage monitoring.
• Input/Output isolation.
• EMC Compatibility to EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-4, EN61326-1, EN61326-3-1 for safety system.
• Simplified installation using standard DIN-Rail and plug-in terminal blocks or customized Termination Boards.
24 Vdc nom (21.6 to 27.6 Vdc)
24 Vdc nom (21.6 to 27.6 Vdc), reverse polarity protected. Relay coils are
internally protected with suppressor diodes.
Current consumption: 45 mA @ 24 Vdc, typical.
Power dissipation: 1.1 W @ 24 Vdc, typical.
Voltage free SPDT relay contact. Terminals 7-8, open when relay deenergized,
close in energized condition. Terminals 9-10, close when relay
de-energized, open in energized condition.
Contact material: Ag Alloy (Cd free), gold plated.
Contact rating: 5 A 250 Vac 1250 VA, 5 A 250 Vdc 140 W (resistive load).
Contact min. switching current: 1 mA.
Contact inrush current: 6 A @ 24 Vdc, 250 Vac.
DC and AC load breaking capacity: refer to Instruction Manual.
Mechanical / electrical life: 5 * 10⁶ / 3 * 10⁴ operation, typical.
Operate / release time: 55 / 30 ms, typical.
Input/Output 2.5 kV.
Operating temperature: temperature limits -40 to +70 °C.
Storage temperature: temperature limits -45 to +80 °C.
DIN-Rail 35 mm, or on custom Term. Board.
Weight: about 125 g.
Connection: by polarized plug-in disconnect screw terminal blocks to
accommodate terminations up to 2.5 mm² (13 AWG).
Dimensions: Width 12.5 mm, Depth 123 mm, Height 120 mm.